Thank you for sharing really nice review.
Samsung announces Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy Note Edge, Gear VR and Gear S
During today pre IFA Unpacked 2014 Episode 2 event in Berlin, Samsung announced pack of new devices. In short new Note phablet comes in two variants (and two different names).
Note 4 and Note Edge comes with the same specs, but with one significant difference which is the screen that in Edge version got additional “screen” that covers also edge of the device (as you can see on photos added below). And so, the specs are:
- 2.7GHz Quad-Core processor or 1.9GHz Octa-Core processor depending on location
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage, microSD card slot
- 16MP rear camera with “smart OIS” / 3.7MP f1.9 front camera
- Android 4.4
- 5.7 inch (Note 4) display with 2560×1440 resolution and 5.6 inch display (Note Edge) with the same resolution plus additional edge screen that adds 160px to width of the device.
- 3,220 mAh battery in Note 4 or 3,200 mAh in Note Edge with fast charging feature that can charge battery from 0% to 50% in just 30 minutes.
There is a bunch of new and redesigned features that comes with the device software like improved multitasking, new TouchWiz interface and Improved camera application and many more. S Pen was also improved and now offers much more authentic pen experience.
With new phablets, Samsung also introduced two new wearables. Gear S which we already know cause it was introduced days before Unpacked Event comes with 2 inch curved OLED screen, GSM support, 1Ghz SoC and Tizen on board. Gear S is a huge step for perfect wearable, that doesn’t need companion device. The only issue that we see now is limited Tizen applications available, but this will (hopefully) change soon. We will write more about this device when we will get review unit.
Moving to completly new “wearable” device, Gear VR. This is world’s first mobile virtual reality “headset” that was created with close cooperation Oculus, leader in virtual reality technology. Device is a “dock” for Galaxy Note 4 and this combo provides completly new application, games and video experience. Of course its just a first step and not many applications are Gear VR ready, but this should change very fast when device will hit the market. Of course we will also provide full hands-on experience right after we get our hands on this VR wearable.