Galaxy Note 3 will pack latest Broadcom 5G WiFi Combo Chip – BCM4339
As the premiere of Galaxy Note 3 is getting closer, a many of new leaks and confirmed informations started to floating aroung. Yesteday we managed to gather some more information about one chip that will power the BT and WiFi connectivity in upcoming Phablet device and its Broadcom BCM4339 5G WiFi Combo Chip that was announced by Broadcomm in May.
BCM4339 highlighted features include:
- Integrated 5G WiFi PA and LNA technology to allow small form factor designs and reduced total BOM
- Transmit beamforming and low-density parity-check (LDPC) codes for greater coverage and robust whole-house media and data applications
- 433Mbps Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) PHY rate for superior speed
- Broadcom proprietary TurboQAM® for 33 percent increase in 2.4GHz speed
- Broadcom proprietary Channel Smoothing WLAN PHY to increase receiver sensitivity by an average of 2 db across 802.11n and 802.11ac rates
- Specific to the BCM4339, Broadcom is the only vendor to offer Long Term Evolution (LTE) coexistence
So as you can see, the Galaxy Note 3 “Phablet” will feature latest and greatest technology not only in incorporating latest Exynos and Snapdragon SoC-s but also latest BT/WiFI technology from Broadcom.
Latest posts by Adam Lange (see all)
- More mirrors for firmware files are comming! - December 4, 2013
- Samsung to introduce Galaxy Note 3 Lite soon? - December 2, 2013
- Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3 to get KitKat upgrade in January 2014? [Updated: Fake?] - November 22, 2013